Sunday, May 27, 2007

Trapped

Trapped. That was the way I felt, my chest was tight, and my breathing was hard. The staircase was a usual one, it had doors on every floor but the problem was that this one you couldn't get out of when you got into it. Every door was locked and the only way out was through a door that had an emergency alarm on it. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think, I was in a position that was unfamiliar to me and extremely uncomfortable. I was trapped, and the only sound that filled the hall was the echo of my beating heart. I reached to my side to find that I had left my leatherman in my car and as such I had no tools that could be used to pick any of the locks in the stairwell. I was in a situation that kind of reminded me of my last few relationships, there was nothing I could do to turn the course of it all. I was stuck with what I had and where I was. I didn't think i would feel the heaviness of my chest but here it was and i was back on the edge of the precipice again, nowhere to go but to jump. I never thought I would be claustrophobic but when you have so little space to go and so little room to be and there is nothing you do to end it but to call out, I swear the walls were closing in on me, I swear...

No comments: