Sunday, May 27, 2007

I wrote a few words

For years I didn't write a thing
I was afraid, no one would like what I said.
I had nothing to say, nothing to tell anyone
Besides what did I know, I was young and fool hearted.
then it happened
Somewhere between half awake and half asleep
I saw a pen and I had to write
To tell my story, to sing my song
It didn't matter what they thought, as much as what I thought.
What burned inside of me, screaming to be free.
I had to write, I had to let them all know what was so.
and as day broke I saw the sun
So gentle at first, then brighter, as the clouds passed,
It didn't matter whether I sold 1 copy or 1 million copies, I had to write
I had to let my voice that had been silenced for so long be heard
I had to dance and rejoice
Now I have written a book, copies on the shelf
Some are sold, some are not
but I have started something,
From here it can only go up.

No comments: