Sunday, May 27, 2007

I missed lunch today

I missed lunch today
60 minutes alone together
when I can partially vent my frustration
when we can break from the charade and be two people in love happy to be with one another
before we return to the daily grind, it is like the stop of a swing, momentarily aloft at the end of the swing set path
The moment the motion stops and you are truly free.
Some savor their turkey on rye with a side of potato chips during their brief break
I savor your kisses, as love drips from my moistened lips and wettens my hard and strong hands
The funny thing is that hope for that one hour carries me through the mornings, and the reflection on it carries me until the doors close at night
An hour is sometimes all it takes to fall desperately in love, sometimes it only takes and hour, to get lost in in the clouds and feel so disappointed when it is time to go back to work being torn from the sky does that to you, there is nothing more that I want to do than to stay, here in your embrace for hours
When we are united, and freed by our togetherness.

No comments: