Sunday, May 27, 2007

Running away

I do not have my poem here today
I left it taped up to the icebox door
It is home and there forever shall it stay
I went outside to try to run away
He called me liar, and a dirty whore
I do not have my poem here today
We fought and yelled and screamed the night away
He called me things he never had before
Its home and there forever shall it stay
I kicked and clawed and swore that he would pay
But he hit and shouted all the more
I do not have my poem here today
I told him what I could find words to say
As he grew meaner then threw me to the floor
Its home and there forever shall it stay
I left him for my trust he did betray
And promised I would not return the more
I do not have my poem here today
It's there and there forever shall it stay.

No comments: