I have seen into the eyes of madness
They say he was unstable
they say he had problems before it all happened
But I have seen into the eyes of madness
and they look very much like my own
I know what it feels to not be set aside as important
I know what it is to repeat words over and over
I know what it is to hate the world and all it stands for
I know what it is that drives a man to kill 32 people before taking his own life
Wanting to get out and take as many with you as you can
hurt them, hurt the reason you feel alone
It is not the games, it is not the music, its not the movies that drive people to kill
rather it is being raised in a culture where your contribution doesn't seem to matter
It is being marginalized, bullied and never built up.
It is being opening up to someone only to be hurt months later
It pointing to what is to be wanted and saying that without it you are nothing
the shirt, the shoes, the pants
The Jansport backpack the fast car, and big house,the girlfriend
It is selling the lifestyle and making that lifestyle only achievable by those who have the means
Showing us that the only value is to be found monetary gains but never teaching those who don't have it how to get it.
I have seen into the eyes of madness and they often look like my own
the frustration we have accepted as part of the human condition but doesn't have to be.
I see the madness in traffic jams
in fear that leads people to need to carry weapons to be safe.
We don't build up, we tear down then wonder why people are afraid and unhappy and lash out.
We don't teach people to be happy with themselves, what they have and where they are, instead we run a break neck speed and wonder why people have broken necks.
I have seen the eyes of the world cry and yet do nothing tat will fix it. Children are still avoided, taught that certain things are what they should want and others are what they should not.
It is no wonder we loose so many to suicide, it is no wonder we have high crime, it is no wonder we have become a mad world who points a finger at they who point out the madness.
I have seen it and I am not pleased.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment