Sunday, May 27, 2007

This is deticated to my girl

I could lie here all night listening to you breathe
so soft not so as a feather moves
your skin so soft
the silk of 10,000 worms is envious
how is it that you smell so good?
It must be natural
I wish to be surrounded by it
Ensnared by it
My senses are full in the nighttime
and so is my heart
how is it that we spend all day together
then all night and never do I tire of you
you give every moment together meaning
each one apart purpose: to what needs to be done
then to find my way back home to you
In mornings
when I listen with my pen
I find that all I hear is your voice in the wind
or your tears in the rain.
or your joyous laugh in the sunlight on my face and hands
You are my muse, my friend, and my spring
the winter has melted and soon we will walk barefoot
across the grasses of a thousand summers and there
our cold winter nights will never find us.
We will be free together.

No comments: