Sunday, May 27, 2007

I write because it matters

I write because it matters,
It matters what we think, what we say and what we do with our lives.
It matters because I have a voice and as long as I let it be silenced by anyone, I let someone else rule me.
It matters because for more than ten thousand years man has expressed his joy and his pain, in words, music and art.
You see, as long as I don't write I tell the world that it has won,
It has succeeded in keeping silent my voice that will go on long after I am gone.
We each strive for immortality, to make our place amongst the sands of time, to leave our legacy to the world.
Some do it with oodles of children who will tell tales of their parents long after they have passed,
Some do it with song, telling their story in a few lines put to music.
I write because if I didn't, a part of me would be dead already.
I write because it matters

No comments: