Thursday, May 24, 2007

Don't be winter so close to the spring

Don't be my winter so close to the spring Current mood: crushed
When we met, the air was cold, and the nights were long.
you said that you would be my winter
and I didn't believe you.
Self fufilling prophecy or not
now it has become cold again
I don't know where you are tonight, maybe in the arms of another
but I do know that today is the night of the year.
The moon has begun her cruel reign and the ice has come back to my door.
Please don't be my winter.
For so many months we ran and played as the sun warmed our backs.
Our skin touched and for awhile i knew love.
Love doesn't exist does it?
Tonight I sit alone, sweater keeping away the cold
I am not bitter, I do not blame you.
Rather i mourn the passing of us
the way you mourn a close friend.
I am sorry the winter has come so soon.
i am sorry.

No comments: