Sunday, May 27, 2007

For A_Y

I scan the moonlit heavens for a sign
A single point of light to light the way
The feeling all but lost your hand in mine
For years we watched our lives both intertwine
And then both wept as I did bid you stay
I scan the moonlit heavens for a sign
Since that silent day you drew the line
And cold my heart became a stone souffle
The feeling all but lost your hand in mine
And now I see the tears and blood combine
As I so slowly turn from light of day
I scan the moonlit heavens for a sign
I tell all that I meet that I'm just fine
For fear that I will chase them all away.
The feeling all but lost your hand in mine
Still now I find the passing of our time
Cuts deep and never seems to fade away
I scan the moonlit heavens for a sign
The feeling all but lost your hand in mine.

No comments: