Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lets review, shall we?

As the cold moves in and the snow gently falls it seems the time of year to reflect on the events of the past one and perhaps set intentions for the new one.
It all began with a kissless new years eve. Not too sure if that was a sign of things to come or not, but it was what it was.
I began working out and eating right several times this year. now begining week 5 of the last cycle I may be able to continue if I stick to it and do not let the days between working out become longer and longer periods. I found a new sport, (hockey) and rediscovered a love of an old one (sword fighting). Found a new love and a chance to redeem myself as a pet owner in Sam. Reunited with a new love, took a trip to texas, and watched it turn sour on the return trip. I wrote very little though much happened. My house grew as I took in my niece, and watched her florish some as she found new things to do and came to find new things she had always wanted to do waiting at our door step. I spent saturday mornings all summer at the farmers market, met some new friends and watched others leave in the aftermath of the break up. Saw some people who I had not seen in 10 years. Came into my own as a Supervisor at work, and embraced my inner geek in a whole new way, all along finding some new friends. I found natural solutions to my depression, and when tending to it propperly have seen it back down some.
Lots of wins, a few losses, and my fair amount of fun.
I am not sure what the next year will bring, but I am setting some intentions now.
I will, continue to take care of myself physically, mentally and creatively. and who knows where things will go. I still have my hopes, and my dreams, plans yet unwritten, but sitting here thinking on it, all I can do is sit back and do what I can to enjoy the ride.

No comments: