I was cleaning my room today and found our picture.
Sitting in dark frame we put it in those 4 years ago.
The night air outside your door was chilled
so we kept inside to take pictures of us together
a short Saturday afternoon at the Zoo
Watching Camels and Gorillas and holding hands to keep off the cold
We picked frames for each of us to keep a place where we could remember
All the light we had brought to each others lives.
Now, these years later, laying on a bedspread you got for me
I wonder how you are doing,
and if you remember things the same way I do
I miss what we had,
maybe not for what it was but more for what it meant to me
I wonder if a song on the radio brings you back the way it does me
It may not have been perfect, but to me the time was magic
and that's all it takes, to make an imprint in my heart.
I shuffled the frame away maybe one day,
I can take out our picture and using the frame for something else.
But for now, back in the drawer it goes until I am ready
Maybe you are right, when I finally am over you I will find my soulmate
but for now you remain
a face in a frame,
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment