Friday, April 23, 2010
The night of the kiss exert from novel I am working on
My mind was spinning, laying there on her bed in the dark, the soft music in the back ground and her soft quilt underneath us, I was terrified. “you know, this may be a bad situation.” I told her my pulse racing, “on one hand if I kiss you and things are bad, I may never have a chance to do it again. More than that, if I do it will kill our friendship because everything will get awkward.” She smiled in the deep darkness “Victor, I know you are trying to do the right thing. But for once you need to stop second guessing yourself.” She was right, and I knew it, but at that point a deep feeling began in my stomach. I knew that by now it was too late to turn back. Right, wrong or otherwise tonight things had changed. It did not matter that it was our first date, it did not matter that we had been friends for less than a month, tonight I had told her how I had felt since first we began to spend time together, and there was little if no turning back. So that night, laying silently in the darkness, I leaned towards her and as our lips touched, our friendship, as wonderful as it had been came to an end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment